Wednesday, September 24, 2008

You call THAT school?

So, everybody keeps asking me how Chris is and how dental school is going and if it's really hard...Chris looks at his computer monitor a few hours a night. He's off at 12 on Thursdays and is never later than 5. Last weekend he hit balls with a friend. This weekend he is going golfing. SO, you can answer your own questions.
Tivo and I still hate the heat, but it is cooling off a bit, so that makes us happy. Tivo and I just recently took a trip up to Utah for a day and a half. It was way good to get outta Sin City. We both got to hang out with our old friends. We saw my garden, what's left of it anyway. I got some tomatoes, carrots, grapes, and pears from the back year. I'm WAY excited. We went on a little walk up Provo Canyon. I didn't have to miss Fall after all. Alyiah, Katie and I collected beautifully colored leaves. It was fabulous. I went to church and watched Sunbeams wreak havoc and saw how Laurels love living life. Amanda came and chilled over at Alecia's with me. We was a blast doing absolutely nothing together. I had lunch with my brother and Amanda. It was great to sit down and spend quality time with people I love. I also stopped by the Depot. I asked Aimee to wait so I could see her and she totally did. She even sat (well, stood, really) while I told endless stories about how horrific things are at the Depot here, in Vegas. Hey, that reminds me, our store flooded Friday night. We had to close. A pipe burst (while the repair guys were "fixing" it). It was a freaking waterfall coming from the ceiling. There were inches of water on the floor. We all had to push water out the doors. We've lost over $85,000 worth of merchandise, THUS far. They've only counted two thirds of it....It was insane...I guess I can't escape flooding after all. I'm doomed.....
I guess that's all for now.
I'll try to write more often (it's not like there's nothing happening, are you kidding, I'm a freaking Spillers).

5 comments:

Jan said...

Sounds like you are falling into Vegas life - -by the time we were done there, we were very happy to leave, even though it's a place where there's always something going on .

Anonymous said...

I'm totally glad you decided to visit out of the blue dude. I will save my pennies and come to see you ASAP!!! I really am so lucky to have a friend like you. Someone who puts me back into reality when my carefree-prone mentality starts to wreak havoc on my life (pending desitution....even prostitution?....J/K) I love you dude! Say hi to Tivo and Chris for me:)

Ashley said...

hey, tell chris to take it easy. he,he.

what a bummer for the home depot! holy flood!!

ALF said...

Glad to hear that school is going well for Chris.

I have not seen any of your family members in ages. Your mother refuses to come hang out at my house. She hates me.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so you've made it to Happy Valley. NOW it is time to come to Reno. Just leave the floods behind. You're missing Apple Hill, Time out For Women, and yesterday's Candy Dance in Genoa.


Come home!