Sunday, October 5, 2008

o, catch up we will try

So, since the last post, I have visited Moab, UT and Washington D.C. Wow. It's been a blast.
Tivo and I took another long trip last weekend. We hopped in the car and headed north east. Unfortunately, a cop caught me pushing the limit of speed (hehe, by quite a bit) and I got a ticket. Fortunately, I'm still 5 behind Chris.
I must tell you, dogs are the greatest traveling companions ever. Tivo snuggled up in my lap during the drive. He didn't whine (too much)! He didn't say anything rude or cruel. He didn't lie or taunt. He simply sat with me as I rocked out to music. I love him....
Anyway, Moab is a very pretty place. I have never been there before. Tivo had free reign of a few acres. He loved the opportunity to roam around; however, he had a tough time leaving my side at first. I got to do a little bit of 4-wheeling in the beauty of the mountains as well as hit golf balls at the Moab range. It was a fun little escape.
Tivo sits like a human sometimes Notice the lights? That's the cop....



Onto DC. I flew into Dulles International and a dear friend from my childhood picked me up-Mikale. It was her brilliant idea to attend the Temple, so that we did. She had only gone through a few days before. It is so beautiful. The next day, I took the Metro into DC to meet Brie. Brie and I had many fun filled days full of museums and artifacts and overloading information. We stayed with her cousin in Maryland (I think). The whole area confuses me. Virginia, MD, DC....they all seem the same, but apparently they're so very different.
I will put up some pictures, but if you have any questions, just post em and I'll reply. I know I have left out MUCH detail....I'm exhausted....




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is your mother. Naturally, the only thing I can think of is....ANOTHER TICKET. Foolish is the man who insures the Spiller family! Where are pictures of Mikale? Brianne is sooo cute! Your dog needs to come stay with me so as to understand the real life of a dog. Why the nervous look in one of the pics? Again, I ask, when are you coming to Reno? Do you have any time for Disneyland?

Jan said...

Oh, fun times! Loved seeing you with Brianne -- takes me back to the good old days. Sigh.

Heather Keenan said...

Fun! How long were you there for? I'm jealous, I can't really just get up and go travel w/ the kid and all (almost plural, ahh!), do it while you can! How are you liking Vegas? If you ever come back up to Utah, you NEED to call me! It's been a while...tell your hubby i said hi!

ALF said...

I am so totally jealous. I LOVE DC.

Aimee said...

Moab is my favoritist. Chris and I went there on our honeymoon and want to go to DC eventually if the medical nightmare will ever end :) Oh yeah I gave you and "I"

Ashley said...

glad you've been able to have some fun travel lately!!

Susan said...

I enjoyed catching up with your Blog today, Andree! Sounds like you've spent quality time with your friends lately....good for the soul. I'm glad that you had the opportunity to visit Washington, D.C. You took some wonderful photos. I have fond memories of my trips there. Tivo is adorable! You really chose a winner. Hugs! -Susan

Unknown said...

Hey!! I just found your blog again! I will admit it has been a while since I looked. I was so excited to see more pictures of our fabulous trip:) We need to do a picture exchange. Man that was so much fun! I am so glad you came with me:) It already feels like so long ago! Oh, and Rachel lives in Virginia, ha ha.

Megan Alicia said...

love love love he ks nv pic! I'm going to dc in august. time to see where my dad hangs out... any suggesetions for things to do while there? My pops has never been to most of the museums and such. i prolly won't be there long, but will stay right on campus, so that should be fun!