Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Going home

Why hello everybody. Chris and I took a nice little trip back to Reno this weekend. It started off great. Thursday was my last day at Einsteins (FINALLY)!! I actually left 2 hours early and went 4-wheeling with my friend Alecia. She just got a beautiful machine (750 Grizzly, power steering). We took a little breather from life and climbed the mountains above Utah Valley. Ok, actually, if you ask her, it wasn't much of a breather cuz i'm pretty sure she was scared crapless the whole time I was driving. She likes to make falsehoods about my driving, but YOU ALL know that NONE of her stories are true, right? RIGHT? MOM, tell 'em she's wrong!!! You won't even back me up? Ok, now don't bring the jet-skis into this. That was water and this is land....TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!!! Whatever...believe what you want...all of you...you weren't there. Well, doesn't matter what story you believe cuz either way i had a BLAST...i'm not sure Alecia will invite me again, but it was well worth it. I guess Alecia was a little concerned for her machine cuz she convinced Chris and me to go get my brothers from Reno. She even went so far as to lend us her truck. Yup. So, in a matter of minutes, we traded truck for luxury sedan and were on our way. We got to Reno around midnightish, crashed in Izzy's bed to be woken up by her early Friday morning. Chris met with his bro and old pals. We then went to the Reno airport/DMV and got me a license with the correct name, FINALLY!! After that, we went shopping, naturally. What else would we do with so much free time? Exactly, any girl knows that answer...After meeting my mom at Kohl's and getting a little devil Halloween costume for Alecia's dog, we headed to dinner where we met David and Catherine (Chris's dad and sister), as well as Traci. It was good food and even better company. Later on, Di and Levi stopped by. It was great to see them.
Saturday rolled around and we mostly just hung out...we tried to get the 4-wheeler working, but to no avail. BUT, we brought it anyway. HAHA....if there's a will, there's a way.
Saturday night, while Chris was at Priesthood session, my mom and sisters were pestering me to go on a "hike"with them, even though darkness was fading fast. I finally gave into their annoying, but effective, tactics. We went to rancho and walked around. I was freezing, but no one cared...whatever. We saw 2 Great Horned Owls. They were huge, and quite majestic.
After being home not too long, some friends stopped by. No, not just friends, bosom buddies!! You got it-Anna and Doug. What awesome people they are. We didn't know they were going to come. They drove all the way across town to visit us. It was a fabulous surprise. Chris and I were talking later about how awesome it was that they took time out to come stop by for a few. We love them!! Thanks guys...and LONG LIVE TOM BRADY...hahahaha
Anyway, the rest is pretty boring after that exciting news. Oh, i forgot to mention we visited tori. That was pretty sweet too. It was great to see her.
So, Sunday, we finally left and returned home safely.
Oh, i nearly forgot...Chris has another interview at Loma Linda (a 7th day Adventis sp?) school in So Cal. Congrats to him. Hope this year is better than last!!
Thanks to our loyal "fans" for listening to my mumbo jumbo. You ROCK!!

5 comments:

Jan said...

All your Reno talk made me homesick -- it's been way too long since we've been back there! Sounds like a blast.

Alecia Stoker said...

I would like to state for the record that when anyone goes riding with Andree, make sure your insurance is up to date than hang on and if you survive, you can get a t-shirt that says, "I survived a ride with Andree!" Few have this t-shirt but those of us who do, keep it and treasure it as if we won an Oscar! The rest of you can only dream of wearing such a priceless piece. Some may even have scars to go along with their t-shirt. (For clarification or to witness such scarring see Megan) :)

Girl said...

Well well well...aren't you just SO cute. We'll see who's laughing after today's ride!! (and ok, so maybe the scars on Megan are true, but it wasn't my fault...it was ICY!!! I'm sorry Megan). I guess the rest of you will have to see for yourselves and "dare ride with with infamous driver: Andree Spillers!!"

Megan Alicia said...

I think we should make shirts. i'm going to look into it... so far we need two, any more i should know about? I'm not trying to say you're a bad driver! And, really scars are just trophies for your body! I like to get them to remember all of my best times.

ALF said...

Doug is quite concerned about the "LONG LIVE TOM BRADY" remark. He worries that this comment implies that you believe Tom Brady to be a mere mortal. He would like me to inform you that Tom Brady is anything but a mere mortal.

Hopefuly that clears things up.

P.S. Here is written proof that Doug would marry Tom Brady if he could...http://madeinrichmond.net/best-thing-said-ever/#comments