Thursday, March 20, 2008

life line


This pic was taken on David's front porch!!


So, it's never good to have to come home for a funeral; however, this trip has been amazing. Tuesday night I got to hold dear Addy for a few hours. She's nothing short of a miracle. She's beautiful and a wonderful legacy her mother left behind. The funeral service today was so very hopeful, in true Christ-like fashion.
Also, today I had a little miracle of my own. After the funeral was over, I mingled for a while with the whole city of Reno (cause we were all there), both old and new residents. Now, I say old residents because when I glanced out of the corner of my eye, pinpointing the next person I would "catch up with," there stood Ena. ENA? No freaking way. I actually stared for a few moments just in case I was seeing visions, again...hehe. Sure enough, it was Ena. That little encounter was all I needed. Tender mercies, really...I was overjoyed to learn she will be in Utah for the week AND she has a cell phone and actually knows how to text. How splendid is THAT? Good times.
Some random news: Tori is moving to CO. I'm excited for her. I hope it brings only positive things in her future. I had dinner with Traci tonight. I love that girl. It's always so nice to sit down, relax, and just chat for awhile. We're headed back to Utah tomorrow. Tivo wants to come inside again (as you know, Grandma won't let him at her house). We will be back in Reno the 19th of April-a week after David's surgery. Finally, THE Bike Ride starts June 9th this year. Chris is participating this year carrying the names of Erika Hicks and his father. I will keep you posted with updates. It's time to get FIRED UP!!!
Thanks to all and to all a good night...

4 comments:

Jan said...

OK -- funeral? Who? Fill me in. I guess I don't know this story. So glad you got to catch up with old friends -- nothing better than that!

stacibee said...

How's Zach doing Andree? And the rest of the Hicks family?

ALF said...

We're having a BBQ on July 19 - you should come to Reno for that. Bring Megan.

Anonymous said...

HHHEEELLLLOOOO, please do not refer to me as GRANDMA! Just don't do it.

Furthermore, please change your picture. I look disgusting and yes, it is all about me. Today were spring pictures at school. Several teachers literally dragged me in to get my picture taken. I warned them that I am not photogenic. The lady, after about 10 tries, exclaimed I suppose you really do know what you are talking about, you are not photogenic. The entire room busted up as me sitting as Ms. Unphotogenic. I'm feeling really good.