Friday, March 21, 2008

So it goes

To answer a few questions: Erika Hicks, Zack's wife, passed away. Their baby is two months old. She's a doll. Very beautiful. Erika had cancer, though it was pneumonia that essentially took her life. Zack is doing as well as can be expected. He has his on days and his off days. Chris got to spend a lot of time with him the past few days. It was good for the both of them. Next week McKenzie and Zack are taking a fishing trip in CA for a few days. I venture to guess that the next few weeks will be tough as Zack fully grasps the fact that Erika is really gone. We're going to hang out with him a bit when we come back for David's surgery in mid April.
And, in case you didn't catch on, the Spillers made it home safely last night. We got in around 1:30am. Tivo ran inside and jumped right on the bed. I think it's safe to say that he missed our bed more than we did...and that's saying something!!
Yesterday, Boy and I met my dad at his work for Earth Day. We had some good grub and spent time with Pops. We bought some wheat grass...hehehe. I'm excited to take a few wheat grass shots, though they taste like poop and I got a strike (stupid). It's the whole super-food idea that gets me, I guess.
Another random news: Danica and Ben are getting married June 7, 2 days before the bike ride starts. Her house is so very cute. Anna, we'll have to schedule the bbq in. The 17 of July you said? We're coming back in a few weeks...I need my Anna fix, so let's work things out!! Um, I'm quitting my second job Monday. So it goes.
Ok, I really gotta get ready for work so I can actually quit my other job!!!! Thanks for reading the goings-on (is that right? haha, I don't even know...but don't worry mom, I know you'll correct me if it isn't!!) in our lives.
I'm out

6 comments:

Jan said...

Wow. Thanks for the update - we had no idea (first) that Zack had a wife and then (second) obviously that she was sick. I'm so sorry about all of it -- this will likely be a tough road for him for a while. He'll be in our prayers for sure.

Ashley said...

Hi Andree! Ashley Smith, here. I just started blogging and found yours! Hope you guys are doing well!

ALF said...

Let us know when you'll be in town - we miss the Warrens/Spillers.

July 19 is the BBQ. The 17 is a Thursday. We can't pull off a BBQ on a Thurdsay.

Anonymous said...

okay, did i tell you that Ashley is the aunt of the cutest little boy in the whole world. i use to think my two boys were the cutest...they grew up! read the blog i left on the previous entry...bad day today. jordan is getting married...he called today. tell chris to start peddling cuz that ride is a killer. I found some of Tivo's hair in my house....you snuck him in didn't you....didn't you, Andre'e!
i was thinking of cute ana the other day when i was out her way...well summit mall. when you get your tax refund (stupid thing) put it away for hawaii! jj actually participated in FHE tonight. perhaps because isabel made him. he said, she is going to be just like andre'e. :) he wouldn't sing BofM stories but he did read his scripture and actually answered some questions that isabel recited. now that is 'good times' in an old woman's world!

Anonymous said...

You mean you took a strike for something that tasted like poop? Are you kiddin' me???? Wow, that is bad at least your second strike tasted better! You go girl! Still, I luv ya!

Megan Alicia said...

these past two blogs have been even more informative than usual... your mom knows you all too well, "didn't you?!" i can just see it now. better buy some orange juice chasers for those poop shots. :)