Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13

Although it's a superstitious day, we finally started off right!! We made it to breakfast on time today. That's a first for us. Chris and I did a little jig on the way down the stairs after we saw the clock that read 8:54am. It was a great start to a great day. Shelley made us pancakes today that we didn't get to eat yesterday :-( Half way through our meal, the power went out. "Just one of the ghosts," Shelley said. It is Friday the 13th, after all. Well, after breakfast, we promptly came back upstairs to take a nap. Yes, a real nap. We were out for 2 hours, solid. Finally Chris woke up and got me outta bed. We went golfing, naturally, cuz what else would we do after a nap on Friday the 13th? The course was beautiful. It's so green. I did ok, considering I was wearing open toed shoes (on the course?!? What terrible etiquette...). Ah yes, and the taxis we took were both Dodge Intrepids...classy, right Met? Anyway, back to the golf. Jeff, you should be jealous. We only did 9 holes, but it was great. Chris ended well, which made BOTH of us happy!! I almost had a birdie on the 8th hole. My putt was a ringer (not sure if that's real golf lingo, but that's what my ball did. It rolled right around the hole and came straight back at me a few inches. Heart breaking, really). So, that was my exciting hole, I suppose. After golfing, Chris was starving so we went to Victoria Row and ate at Meeko's. I had a vegetarian pita and he had....take a guess...yup, the pasta mamamia. Go figure! HAHA... We rocked out to jazz music and then did a bit more shopping! All in all, a good day. Until next time....Livin Life Less Ordinary

No comments: