Friday, July 13, 2007

Living More Ordinary

Today we had a fun and relaxing day on the golf course....which is much more familiar to me! We started off the day with a great breakfast and a two hour nap, which we sorely needed after struggling to make the 8-9:30am breakfast allotment. On the golf course we enjoyed a fun-filled 9 holes which is the perfect amount of golf for a beginner like Andree (who shows incredible instincts for the sport I might add) and a has been like me. We both struggled in the beginning but turned it around as we got our mental games in line. Andree and I both hit the 8th green, a par three, from the tee and she proceeded to provide the best excitement of the day as her putt for birdie did a 180 around the hole! Unfortunately it did not go in but my birdie effort did. I would have much rather hers did than mine. Golf is a tricky one for my sweetheart and definitely a mind trip as I referred to it. She is improving vastly in her swing and her focus however. (she loves to think of anything but golf just as she is about to swing that little club : ). From the golf course we had a great dinner in downtown Charlottetown and then did some more shopping. It seems to be our fallback plan of choice! Lastly we ended the day with COWS ice cream, an amazing, and very popular, choice among tourists and locals alike.

2 comments:

Megan Alicia said...

Chris, nice play by play of your golfing experience. I am glad that you two are having fun and enjoying the bovine! Perhaps you would enjoy a trip to the midwest... someday. Based on all of the naps you two take, you are either babies or newlyweds... Have some strawberry cordial for me!

ALF said...

shopping is always a quality fall back! Chris, all you have to do is smile and carry the bags!