Thursday, November 8, 2007

D-Land

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you who have commented. It makes me feel SO loved. It's also really nice to see that Chris's side of the family reads this and comments too. It's so great!!
Anna and Megan, come on now. Megan, just comment on her blog so we can get on with life. Anna, I wasn't the one who suggested The Kite Runner, was I? It is a very sad story...you know, I'm just finishing up a really good book. It's an autobiography and it has a very fulfilling ending. Probably will leave you with a smile on your face; however, I do have to warn you that it's a bit unnerving at the beginning.
Oh, and apparently I was tagged by Heather. I guess I'm supposed to give six things about me...yadda yadda...the R-U-L-E-S, which everybody knows I am not good with:
1. The player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves - try to find 6 you haven't already posted about.
2. At the end of the post, the player tags 6 people and posts their names, and then goes to their blog and leaves them a comment, letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog for the rules.

So, now that we got that outta the way-
ONE-I am at Disneyland. Well, technically I'm at the fam's hotel. We left this morning at 2:30am to arrive at the park around 10am. Cole didn't have his ID so we couldn't pick up will call tickets, thus we messed around for a while outside D-land until we ended up back at the car to watch Season 7 of the Simpsons on my laptop. Yup, a nice long car ride to sit in the parking lot of Disneland and watch the Simpsons. As Chris stated, "Now THAT'S something to blog about!"

TWO-I love Mario Kart. Give me an N-64, a Game Cube (both of which we have), or a Nintendo DS and I will kick your butt...rapid fire turtle shells, bomb blast, or mushroom past you! If you set a time trial record, I will beat it...both the single lap and the whole race. Mario Kart rock my face off

THREE-I love sweet potato french fries from Gurus (a local joint in downtown Provo)

FOUR-Currently, my very favorite game to play is Blokus. I want to get Blokus Trigon. It has been said that I am a "vicious Blokus player."

FIVE -I am married to a grandpa. He needs 15 hours of sleep to avoid being grumpy. He drives a pimp-mobile (Alecia likes that name), but really it's simply a Q-Tip head car: a luxury Lincoln Continental. Which, by the way, he loves to drive slowly and behind big buses. Most recently, and my new favorite proof that I married a grandpa, is he can't hear. HAHAHA....he can't hear the "teen ring." If you don't know what this is, check this out Teen Buzz . So, only OLD PEOPLE can't hear this...I guess this is proof enough that I married a grandpa.

SIX-I have a shopping addiction. You might know this, you might not. If you spend a few hours with me, you will find this out quite quickly. I am SO happy that I now have two jobs. My bank account was dwindling quickly. I have more stuff than ever. When we have to move next year, we will need 3 moving trucks. A few months ago I bought a pet-Evian. She is a beta fish. She is beautiful. She has a best friend-Perrier. He's a snail. They live together in a vase with cool bamboo. I also have a bonsai tree. It's not so pretty, but loved all the same. I also have mini roses (thanks to "my grandpa") planted right outside the house. I recently "acquired" a brand new flower. It's an orchid and it's second flower just bloomed. I am in love with it. The petals are white with purpleish-pink insides. So, those are my living purchases. I also recently bought some noise cancelling head phones. A couple actually....WHAT? I didn't know which I would like better to go with my Zune!! Anyway, I'm in Bath&Body Works weekly, if not daily. I LOVE their products. Just going in there gives me a high. Have you never heard of shopping therapy? Well, i LIVE by it...you know, being in the stores all the times gives you the opportunity to know when and where the sales are. I bought Chris some wanna be Chucks from Aeropotale for $2.50.

I guess that's enough for now. I'm gonna tag Anna for now...not butt tag (hehe), but blog tag.
Until next time-I'm off to sleepy land only to wake up and realize i'm really returning to the Happiest Place on Earth!
Adios

4 comments:

ALF said...

OH. MY. GOD. I spent several years of my life addicted to Mario Kart. In college I would go to the fraternity house and make people play against me in Mario Kart. I always won. I haven't played in quite some time but I used to be awesome. Yet another reason you are my bosom buddy. We will have to have a Mario Kart Challenge sometime.

Jan said...

You're awesome -- I loved reading all the inside info on you! Have a fun time at Walt's World.

Megan Alicia said...

I like how you blog from disneyland... not after the fact. BUt i guess after you have spent 8 hours sitting in the parking lot whats a few minutes blogging? I do know of the shopping addiction and do nothing to help you combat it. sorry. Good ol gramps! I still want to get that ring from you, for those times when i actually know where my phone is. Good ol Gurus! Do you work around there now? We should do lunch soon! Glad you're enjoying your vacation!

ALF said...

and no, you weren't the one who recommended the Kite Runner to me. I thought of it because I saw it on the bookshelf there on the side of your blog.

And perhaps Chris and I are also bosom friends because I too require much to much sleep every night or else I am very cranky.