Monday, November 12, 2007

Papa G signing in

Papa G, aka grandpa is back. Thanks hon for capturing my personality so well....hehe
The truth: I can't hear the "teen ring." It is sad really. Andree, Megan, and all her cousins like to play the ring from their cell phones and laugh at me as I stand clueless next to them. Then I feel really old and like I have been out of the loop for years and years. Guess it's all part of the growing up and being a mature husband thing.
I do also drive a lincoln continental. However, I want to point out that during the day when I go to work in the Honda accord, Andree drives this little beauty. It rides smooth, has very few miles on it, has great air conditioning and a heater, and as long as we take care of it will never break down. It's an amazing car really. You should all be jealous. It is GREAT on long road trips too. Andree likes to lay across the front bucket seat and put her head on my lap and sleep for hours. In fact, her brothers and her like to sleep for hours as I drive nine hours either way from Orem to Disneyland : )
The not-so-truth: I do not need 15 hours of sleep. In fact, I have been surviving on little more than four or five hours a night for two months now. It is far different from the usual eight or nine I am used to but I am getting better at not being ornery late at night. It's a work in progress though.
So Andree really does LOVE shopping therapy and mario cart. However, I do recall a few time trial records that stand unbeaten by yours truly....you better get on that babe. As for you Anna, I don't doubt that you're pretty awesome at this game. I could probably beat you though.
To update, the last afternoon/night at disneyland was great! We went on a few more scary rides, one being the Tower of Terror. This was the only ride JJ did not go on. He was awesome the rest of them however! We ended our trip by watching "Fantasmic" late Saturday night. Those of you who have been lucky enough to see it know what I am talking about. For those of you who don't, this show is incredible. It features images/videos displayed on mist and a smoke screen in the middle of a river. There are numerous props including a life-size pirate ship with the whole peter pan crew. Peter Pan and Hook duke it owt with much gusto as they swing from level to level on the ship and sword fight. There is music, dancing, and even a part where half of the river lights on fire. Who knows how Disney does the amazing things they do.
Sunday we concluded our trip with breakfast at Mimis cafe to celebrate Gabby's birthday. We then drove home (by we I mean I as the others fell asleep exhausted-I'm just poking fun...no hard feelings guys) and celebrated Devin's birthday in Utah.
It's great to be home again and back to our four jobs! Yippee skippee!
Grandpa Spillers

6 comments:

ALF said...

HI Chris! You probably could beat me at Mario Kart - I haven't played in years. Sad, but true.

Megan Alicia said...

NO ONE can beat me in mario cart! I AM THE CAP-I-TAN!

Girl said...

Megan, I call BS

Girl said...

Member Babe-it's not a bucket seats...that's what's in race cars...it's a bench seat!! hahahaha...love you

Boy said...

Oh yea, we had this conversation already....dang.

Boy said...

Oh yea, we had this conversation already....dang.