Saturday, November 3, 2007

Be Brave, not Beige?

Well well, appears that I am not a great blogger after all. Kudos to those of you who keep up with your blog and give readers, well, something to read!! Thanks to a little prodding from a valued reader :-), I am back on the radar. Wahoo....
You know, I'd prolly be more inclined to write more often if more than 3 people read it (yea, that includes me and Chris...BOO!!). Well, I really appreciate you guys who actually leave comments. It makes this experience so much more enjoyable. Plus, I love reading your blogs.
Last Tuesday Chris and I woke up really early to drive to the airport, only to drive home from the airport that same night. It was a good cause though. We got into Loma Linda, California in the afternoon. Ah, I know you all are really concerned about our rental car. Wait no longer cuz here it comes: we got a Mustang; HOWEVER, Chris and I were unimpressed. I would take a stupid Dodge (yea, you read right, a DODGE) Charger over one of those gutless, bucket seat, crap-rides any day. Haha, ok, not that bad, but not that great either. Anyway, to get back to the point, the interview went really well. The tour was fabulous too. Oh, and incase you aren't aware, Loma Linda University is a 7th Day Adventist school. Interesting. They had a lot of new equipment. They also do a lot of service and trips. Cool stuff.
So, Halloween!! Stupendous. We did a lot of pumpkin carving and ate a punkin pizza from Pappa Murphey's.
Oh yea, something new. I got a job. Actually, that's a lie: I got 2 jobs. I now am employed by The Home Depot and Utah State Univ. extended service. Home Depot is paying me big bucks to stand at the register and help customers leave with a smile. The government (yes, a government job--lotsa paper work) is paying me to work with women in the WIC program to teach them about nutrition and cooking. Haha, yea, cooking. Do i know how to cook? No way, but i guess i fooled them enough to get the job. I had better pay attention to THEIR demonstrations before I try. Yikes, cooking in front of others...good thing I like to learn. I will keep you posted with the many stories i will be picking up from both jobs.
Yes, another new thing: Chris got a second job. He now is employed by Einsteins and Target. Woohoo Target!! I'm looking forward to those savings...and you're prolly thinking what my mom verbalized, "So, you two NEVER want to sleep OR see each other?" The obvious answer to that: NO!!
But of course we want both of those, at this point in time though, this is what's going to work best for us. If things need to change, they can. Anyway, no need to explain everything, you prolly don't care.
Onto something better...DISNEYLAND!! We're going Thursday-Sunday. We've got the time off and are ready for a great time. We're super excited.
Ok, enough mumbo-jumbo for now. It's 1:18am, Chris has been sleeping for awhile and I haven't even read at all tonight.
Signing off,
Andree

8 comments:

Megan Alicia said...

first to comment! ahh yeah! So i thnk you could write for pbs:
"to our valued viewers..." I am glad that you are so willing to come through for your readers and actually post. and, there are at least 4 readers including you and chris... hi anna! You should include a picture of chris' pumpkin. it's a masterpiece. it should be admired by many. especially since it was done before thanksgiving! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey you'all,
from time to time I read your blog and think it is great.
lot;s of giggles and great to hear what is going on in your lives as you find your way..
best of success to Chris and his journey to find the right dental school.
I will stay tuned.
Uncle jack cooney[hot springs,Ar.

ALF said...

HI Megan!

Jan said...

Loved the updates -- you two will definitely be busy with all the jobs. Have a great time at Disneyland - my Natalie and fam just came back from there and can't stop talking about it. Now I think it's time for ME to go! (it's been years).

ALF said...

Have you read the Kite Runner? It's so sad. Good, but sad. I don't like to be sad. I'm still a little mad at the person who recommended it to me. Only recommend happy things to me.

Heather Keenan said...

Hey guys! Glad to hear all is going well and you're staying busy! Let me know when y'all have a free night so you guys can come up for dinner! Good luck with all your interviews Chris, and have fun in Disneyland! Check out our blog bhlkeenan@blogspot.com

Heather Keenan said...

Dre, I'm tagging you! Go to my blog for details...

ALF said...

oh wait, I just remembered I'm not saying hi to Megan because she never leaves comments on my blog. No hi for Megan.