Thursday, April 10, 2008

grateful

I am alive indeed. That is a happy story!! Anna, do you have a picture on your blog of the tractor? Why did you get one? Can I drive it?
Ok, so if your rear-view mirror were to be broken, how would you fix it? You know, broken like a worm dangling at the end of a fishing line. The kind of broken that actually causes accidents, not prevents them. Got it? Well, my beautiful Go-Go Ghetto ('89 Honda) had such a rear-view mirror. After so many times of looking at the spot the mirror was supposed to be, I got fed up. I was bound and determined to fix it. One hot summer (this is an important fact), I had a friend visiting. I was explaining my predicament to her when I suddenly had a brilliant plan. GUM!!! I decided that the two of us would chew up a bunch of gum and stuff it in the top of the mirror. This was such an amazing idea...haha. So, my friend and I stopped at the local gas station to buy 3 packs of gum. We got our chompers ready. We each chewed up 7 pieces (more-or-less) and stuffed them into the top of the rear-view mirror. I am a freaking genius. After many minutes of chewing and 2 cases of TMJ, my mirror was fixed. I had gum stuffed in my mirror, but at least I could finally see. End of story.
HAHAHA....except that would really fit, right? A Spillers Fate...Like I said, it was a very hot summer. A few days after the fix-it session, my mirror fell right back into place and assumed its position as worthless. Also, the ooey, gooey, sticky gum we chewed got so hot it liquefied and oozed out. I had a rim of gum around the mirror, which I only had to look at during the winter, for that's when the gum hardened and kept my mirror in place.
I'm grateful for functional, non-minty, rear-view mirrors.

Happy B-day to me tomorrow. 23

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Funny story, Andree!

Here's to wishing to a happy 23rd birthday...oh, boy, aren't we getting old!

ALF said...

Happy Birthday!

You're welcome to drive the tractor anytime - just come on over!

Jan said...

Happy birthday to you! How did it happen that you are turning 23? Time is flying!

Emily said...

Happy birthday! Love the gummy mirror story.

Megan Alicia said...

that gummy mirror would have been BRILLIANT, had it been in the middle of winter! Good thing we have such good chompers and great ideas. Remember when we drove said car all the way to reno and at almost every gas station we got asked if we needed help cause we had to use the magic starter every time? that was a great car. good ol' go go!