Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Starfruit

Thanks to a friend of mine, I have a heightened curiosity about starfruit. Last night after the gym, Chris and I stopped by Albertson's and guess what we found? You got it...the beautiful fruit of the stars!!! I have been looking for starfruit for years and have not found any until last light. Imagine my excitement....


If you ever want to eat a starfruit, but don't know how to cut it, don't be dismayed, I have your instructions right here:



First, you have to buy your starfruit. I guess they're mostly ripe when they're yellow and a little bit brown on the edges. If you buy a mostly green starfruit, you can put it in a plastic bag and leave it on your counter until it gets ripe.





Next, you cut off the brown edges of the starfruit. Don't cut too much off though (otherwise it won't look like a star!!)

After the edges, you need to cut off the hard ends.

Finally, ENJOY!! Everybody needs to experience starfruit...it's interesting and should be digested....hehe....

6 comments:

Jan said...

Oh, that looks yummy! I've always wondered about star fruit too. Now I know!

ALF said...

Well that looks like a lot of fun. You Warrens/Spillers are always eating interesting fruit. I remember you served me my first pomegranate at your parents' house.

Girl said...

Next time we're in Reno, we must have a starfruit/pomegranate party!!! It will be messy and LOADS of fun!!!! What do you say?

Megan Alicia said...

add that to the list of random fruits you have enjoyed!
ps: do you know the season for figs? They look like brains and taste delicious.

Ashley said...

How fun is this? Never even heard of it before? Hope you guys are doing great!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the little lesson on Starfruit. I really didn't know much about them until now. Looks so tasty!
Love,
Mom