Monday, May 12, 2008

To Vegas


So, I upped and ran away to Vegas for a few days last week. I spent time with my mom and two of her friends. My mom LOVES the piano bar, so naturally we hung out there one night. The dueling pianists got my mom up on stage for her b-day. It was freaking awesome!!!


I spent my first night in Vegas at an old friend's house. We were really good friends throughout high school. I hadn't seen her since freshman year of college. I just called her up, she met us for dinner, and it was as if we always hang out together. You gotta love when you have awesome friends like that!!!


Anyway, the b-b-q was awesome last night. I got to see Crystal, finally. Amanda and her sister came. As did Alisa and her friend (some boy whos name started with a J). Katie, a friend from work, also showed up. Chris did a fabulous job cooking the steaks and humburgers.

6 comments:

Jan said...

Happy birthday to your mom! Looks like a great trip.

Megan Alicia said...

i'm glad you got to get away for the weekend! did you look into any real estate while you were there? any news on the home front?

Ashley said...

How fun to get away like that, especially to Vegas! Is your friend Chrisi Crofts? We went to elementary school together! What is she up to?

Girl said...

Yea, it's Cristi. It was so great to see her. She's working on her Masters right now. She currently works in the pits at the Bellagio. She lives in a condo her parents bought. She's doing really well. I'm glad I'll know SOMEBODY when I move down there!!!

Ashley said...

Thanks for letting me know...and it sure does help to have a good friend around when you're moving to somewhere new! Hope you guys are doing well!! :)

Anonymous said...

okay, let's get the record straight... i don't just hang out in vegas. i was there for work! also, i don't hang out in bars, it was in the hotel we were staying.

HOLY COW!!!!

What is that darn music playing on your site?