Saturday, May 31, 2008

Vegas, again



So, I decided to go to Vegas and look at some places to live. 2 days later, I was in Vegas. I have awesome friends. I asked Amanda if she could go and she made it happen. We left around 5:30am Tuesday morning. We ate breakfast in St George and were in Vegas around 9. We checked into our hotel (which had 2 pools and a lazy river-but we never used them...) and set out on our journey. Amanda was a fabulous navigator. We looked at a million plus apartments and drove around for six hours in very unfamiliar territory. It seemed like we drove around aimlessly at times, but we made it through. After a long time driving around the Vegas area, Amanda needed a little nap. After princess was beautified, we hit the strip. We ate at Hard Rock, threw down a few dollars, and did a little shopping. We stopped by a few bars for some good music, then went back for some sleep. Haha, except getting back wasn't that easy. Apparently we missed the shuttle. We decided to walk back to the end of the strip and get a taxi the rest of the way. Unfortunately it was super windy, luckily, Amanda only flashed everybody once. Way to go Amanda.
Wednesday we woke up...well, really late and hit the strip, again. We went and saw the human exhibit. It is amazing. If you are in Vegas and have a few spare hours, you HAVE to check out the human exhibit. You've got to do it!!!!
After In'n'Out burger, it was time to go home. It was a quick trip, but it was what the doctor ordered. I had a good buddy help me search for an apartment, I got to get away from work and Orem, and we just got to play. Everybody needs those things!! Thanks Amanda, and thanks babe for letting me just up and leave for a few days.

6 comments:

Girl said...

Hey Ash, did you delete your blog?

Jan said...

Did you find somewhere you wanted to live? What part of town were you looking in?

Ashley said...

hi andree!! yeah, i deleted my blog. i never had anything really interesting to blog about:)

i figure when i'm married (whenever that will be??) like you and others, then it will be more worthwhile.

hope you guys are doing well!! hope you see you soon!!

ashley:)

Anonymous said...

Guess Amanda is more fun than I in Vegas. Sure miss you. The house is crowded with everyone bur YOU!

BTW, Bath and Body has a killer sale right now. Children's Place, as well, but that doesn't fit into your paradigm!

ALF said...

Why are you and TiVo dancing around a pile of trash in your header?

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Andree!!! I can't believe I haven't commented our Vegas trip on your blog yet! And you did such a cute little slideshow and complimented my navigational skills...what a horrible friend I am! I guess I have just been a little preoccupied with a certain man, but no excuse:) To correct just one thing, we left at 4:30 am, not 5:30 am, believe me, I remember haha. I miss you dude!!!! Since you started doing inventory, I never see you! Geez. Anyway, our blitz of a trip really was what the doctor ordered and I had a blast. We're good road trip partners for sure :) You got to see the Dr. Jekyl/Mrs. Hyde side of me when I get tired, lol. I got peeps to cover for me next week when I go to AZ and I'm so excited!!! Love ya man, you freaking rock.