Tuesday, August 12, 2008

the in-between

SO, we're both unemployed. We are wandering nomads without a home. We have a dog...and a car (which is FINALLY registered)! Last Friday Boy and I went to 7 Peaks with Alecia and Alyiah. It was awesome. After some last minute changes (that's the Warren side of me), Boy and I drove straight to Reno, instead of Vegas, Saturday. The drive went well. We rocked out to music and read, just a little. Sunday was a good day, except that we left our church clothes sitting on the bed, in Utah. We used our resources and headed off to church. I took both girls home after only 2 hours of church, much to my mother's dismay. She was not a happy camper... the girls and I spent an hour or so over at the park with the two dogs. We had a blast. Yesterday (Monday), the girls, Chris, Tivo, Solomon, and I took a minor excursion to Pyramid Lake. We were there for 6 hours...I'm fried to a crisp, but it was totally worth it. We took our water trampoline. Tivo turned into a water dog. He was quite the pansy at first, but after watching King Solomon do it over and over, he got up enough nerve and loved it. Pretty good for his first time around water (the only water he knew was bath water...he HATES that!!)
So, today we have JJ's graduation and "party" after. It should be fun, after all, we do get to eat Port of Subs. Nothing beats that!!
Finally, we have spend every night watching the Olympics until midnight. A Warren family tradition. If you have not watched, you're missing out. There have been some amazing triumphs and upsets. GO USA!!!

oh yea...pictures with come later

4 comments:

ALF said...

It was fun seeing you guys last night. Enjoy the start to your new adventure in Las Vegas!

Ashley said...

gotta love the extra in-between time between living in the "real world." glad that you've been able to have some fun before you head down to las vegas.

Anonymous said...

I'm not convinced that leaving the church clothes in Utah was an "accidnet" hummmm.... Glad ya'll are having fun there with fam and dogs! Tell JJ congrats for me. That is awesome that he got that out of the way! And yes I agree with you, go USA (nice to watch on my new present to me). see you when you get back!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Alecia. Anyway, we miss you guys already. This dysfunctional family just isn't fun without you...it's just dysctional.