Sunday, January 27, 2008

Plus one

Catherine came into town this weekend. It was really good having her here. We had alotta fun. The first thing we did was go to the whole foods store so the poor vegan wouldn't starve while in Utah. We'd hate to have THAT hanging over out heads. Anyway, Thursday night we went to the Nickelcade, cuz really, why wouldn't we? It was a blast and Catherine got nearly as many tickets as the rest of us combined. Good times. Friday we fulfilled Must-Do-In-Utah #2: the dollar movies. We saw the Beatles-ish movie...around the universe, maybe? Anyway, it was pretty good and pretty trippy. Felt like I was high watching some of the scenes. Again, good times. Also, naturally, we took her to Einstein bagels. Delicious. Friday night we hit up SLC. We ate at Rumbi Hawaiian Grill, then marched our freezing little butts over to the Energy Solutions Arena (stupid name) to watch the Jazz beat the Kings. We were sooooo close to sharing a mouth-watering hot dog. Almost...hehe. Saturday Catherine, Alecia, Met and I got pedicures, then it was off to Park City. We went tubing for a few hours. It was a blast. Everybody needs to experience tubing. Catherine spend most of her time in the warming yurt (have you seen the kid?) while Alecia was either falling in the snow or plowing through the fence!! HAHAHAHAHA....Chris managed to loose his hat halfway down a ride and I managed to get by with only tripping two people. After our toes fell off from frostbite, we went into Park City to eat. Last night was finished off by The Simpson's Movie and pumpkin cookies. MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

We're glad Catherine came and we hope she had as much fun as we did.
Now, I really hope you enjoyed reading this cuz it has taken me an hour to do it, as i'm typing with 9 fingers. Why, do you ask? Cuz i smashed my pointer finger at work and it is non-functional. Take a look:
:

4 comments:

Megan Alicia said...

You really do need to take updated pictures of your finger. THe bruise has now taken on more of a grey-ish hue, and looks even more like it's about to fall off. o-f-f... I understand much more of what tubing is with the pictures. Thank you for those. If you want ot send me the ones from the jazz game, I can photoshop some better lighting...

Jan said...

OK, I"m freezing just reading this. Looks like fun (for YOU, not me since I"m a wussy) -- but I have to say I will never miss the snow. And your poor finger!! Man, what did you do to it?

ALF said...

ow! I can relate to 9 finger typing. I can also tell you that you'll get used to it just in time for your finger to be functional again. My chopped off tip is almost fully regrown!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you blogged about Catherine's visit, Andree (nine fingered even!). I'm delighted that you had such a fun time together. Tivo is a cutie. I'm happy that Chris finally gets to experience having a dog, since I was too afraid to let the kids get anything but guinea pigs and lizards. :)