Thursday, June 5, 2008

Outside Love

The only time Chris and I really spend time together is when we are working out in the yard. It's a sad, but true reality. Last week, Chris and I pulled a trillion weeds, pruned many bushes, tilled some ground, spread mulch, and planted a garden. Basically I'm trying to say we spent a lot of time together last Sunday. Do you want proof? I have some. Check it out...




On the right we have carrots, then beans. The mounds are cucumbers. Tivo has only walked through it a few times, so that's good. Chris did a brilliant job of tilling the ground and mixing it with top soil I bought (oh, that was the disclaimer, we could do yard work and a garden if I bought it all. I did.)! My job was to read how to plant the stuff and throw out the million rocks...ugh...


Here I am with my beautiful sweet pepper bush. Later we got orange peppers and yellow tomatoes.





Chris is trying to show off his HUGE muscles...this picture doesn't do him justice though...hehe...

Below is the pile of branches we pruned and sawed off. This bush thing was a bit unruly and we tamed it. Now, what to do with all of the dead wood...hmmm....
Here we have the before and after. Chris and I decided to go with a color treated mulch. We figured it would look cool with the red brick house. We were right. It's awesome.


Jan, here is a picture of one of our roses. They're really starting to bloom now. I just bought a Praying Mantis nest and put it in the bushes to eat all of the Aphids. We'll see how they do.


Finally, here is Boy. I failed to mention before that I was also in charge of sunscreen. Looks like I missed a few spots. Hehe, it looks really goofy and unfortunately, it hurts too. Sorry hon. I will be better next time....

6 comments:

Jan said...

Oh, love the roses!! Your yard is gorgeous!!

ALF said...

Did you one time suntan lotion "Stud" onto JJ's back?

I am very jealous of your lovely dirt. I don't even see any rocks!

Ashley said...

Awesome yardwork, you two!! Looks great. So does Chris' back...ouch.

Ashley said...

okay, i'm back. i can't resist.

iamsheshe.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Did you say you were gardening on Sunday? You do realize your crop will be bug infested!

The yard looks great. Bet Dennis is proud of you guys.

Aimee said...

Why garden if you will be leaving me? Or I mean Utah?